http://tuta.oulu.fi/opinnot/jatko-opiskelijoille/kursseja-jatko-opiskelijoille/dr-binshan-lin from the Louisiana State University in Shreveport, USA on March 19 & 20, 2009. The workshop is now arranged for the 3rd time due to popularity and positive feedback from the students of previous workshops.
This intensive course gives the viewpoint of the Editor in Chief for writing and submitting Journal papers. The attendees are asked to submit a paper, or a draft, they consider publishing. These papers are presented during the workshop, and the authors are given specific instructions and improvement ideas to enable successful publication.
PhD students, and academics, should invest in a systematic study of scientific writing to enable successful publication of the results of their research. The course is aimed for PhD students, but will also be open for post-doc’s and junior faculty members.
March, 19 9.00 - 16.30 (University of Oulu, room: TF 211)
· Strategies for Research Topics and Publications
· Techniques and Key Consideration for Publishing Academic Journals from the Perspective of Editor in Chief
· 9 paper presentations
March, 20 9.00 - 16.30 (University of Oulu, room: TF 211)
· Ten Common Mistakes for Research Articles
· 6 paper presentations
· Open Discussion on the Publication Trends and Opportunities
· Face-to-face Instructions on the Targeted Journals for each PhD Student
Management P. O. Box 4610FIN-90014 UNIVERSITY OF OULU
Tel. +358 8 553 7802Mobile +358 40 7304541Fax +358 8 553 2904