The JCIS interests are wide ranging, seeking contributions that build on established lines of research work as well as break new ground in computer information systems. High-quality research in computer information systems is welcome, including theoretical, analytical, and empirical studies in computer information systems. The JCIS editorial team is committed to providing subscribers with the best quality articles in a timely manner, ensuring a journal that subscribers will find stimulating and useful in their professional and teaching activities.
· The H-Index (based on Harzing’s Publish or Perish software) of the JCIS during 1998-2008 is 20. On average, cites per paper during 1999-2008 = 4.43.
· The JCIS was recently identified as an A* journal in Information Systems by the Excellence in Research in Australia (ERA, http://lamp.infosys.deakin.edu.au/era/?page=fordet&selfor=0806).
· The JCIS maintains a very rapid electronic submission, review and publication process. The turnaround time and quality of review comments ranks amongst the best in the field (average of 6-8 weeks from submission to a first decision).
· The JCIS acceptance rate is 12-13%. Over the past year, we have experienced a steady and impressive growth in submissions. In the past 12 months, the JCIS received more than 500 manuscripts.
· The JCIS editorial board numbers around 150 professional academics from around the globe, ranging from long established senior scholars to the next generation of leading edge researchers.
· The JCIS is an ISI-ranked journal http://scientific.thomson.com/cgi-bin/jrnlst/jlresults.cgi?PC=MASTER&Alpha=j. Additionally, the JCIS is listed as a very popular IS journal in the Index of Information Systems Journals at http://lamp.infosys.deakin.edu.au/journals/.
The JCIS guidelines www.iacis.org/jcis/jcis_guidelines.html must be followed when submitting a manuscript to be reviewed for publication in the JCIS. Manuscripts must be word processed and electronically submitted as a Word document attached to an e-mail to Editor-in-Chief at Binshan.Lin@LSUS.edu. Hard copy submission will not be accepted. The first page of the manuscript should contain only the following information: title, name and institutional affiliation of the author(s), address, phone number, fax number, and e-mail address for each author. Manuscripts are first reviewed by the Editor-in-Chief. Those suitable for further review are forwarded to members of the JCIS Editorial Review Board. Contributors of articles accepted for publication will receive a complimentary copy of the issue in which their article appears.