The TECHPROVED model is pertinent for industrial implications where, hitherto, a few of government and private corporations decided to employ the concept of the TECHPROVED model in their operations, namely;
· Northport (Malaysia) Bhd, one of major terminal operators in Malaysia, and ranked 12th in the world,
· Port Klang Authority, the biggest port authority in Malaysia,
· Marine Department of Peninsular Malaysia, the largest marine department in Malaysia
The TECHPROVED model is the output of the survey conducted with various organisations in port industry in Malaysia (e.g. terminal operator, marine department, royal customs and excise department, immigration department, and port authority). The study was entirely supported by the Ministry of Transport, Malaysia, the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation, and Malaysia Institute of Transport.
This study received an international and a national award, such as
· IID gold medal awarded by the Universiti Teknologi MARA and Bank Islam Bhd at the Inventions, Innovations, and Designs (IID) 2007, Shah Alam
· MTE silver medal awarded by the Malaysian Association of Research Scientist (MARS) at the Malaysia Technology Expo (MTE), 2007, PWTC, Kuala Lumpur
· ITEX silver medal awarded by the Malaysian Invention and Design Society at the 17th International Invention, Innovation, Industrial Design & Technology Exhibition (ITEX) 2006, Kuala Lumpur
· IID silver medal awarded by the Universiti Teknologi MARA and Bank Islam Bhd at the Inventions, Innovations, and Designs (IID) 2006, Shah Alam ·
. Finalist, Public-Private Joint Research Innovation Award (AIPB) 2006, Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation
· SIIF bronze medal awarded by the Korea Invention Promotion Association at the 3rd Seoul International Innovation Fair (SIIF) 2006, South Korea.
This book is suitable for academicians, students, and practitioners.
Norzaidi Mohd Daud & Intan Salwani Mohamed
Faculty of Business Management
Faculty of Accountancy
Universiti Teknologi MARA, Shah Alam, 2007